The Poetic Language of the Mass | feat. Fr. Michael Rennier
April 21, 2023
Fr. Michael Rennier joins the podcast to discuss his new book The Forgotten Language: How Recovering the Poetics of the Mass Will Change Our Lives.
Father Michael discusses:
- His conversion story: from Pentecostal student, to Episcopal priest, to Catholic priest
- How the transcendence and wonder of the Mass played a role in his conversion
- Combatting pride and surrendering to God's will
- Why beauty challenges us, as opposed to sentimental gratification
- How beauty, as an "encounter with eternity," communicates theological truths
- How to alleviate boredom at Mass
- Simple ways for parish priests to instill beauty in their liturgy and church buildings
Support the show
If you enjoyed this podcast, please consider supporting the show.